Saturday 26 May 2012

Sweet Tweet!

Hi everyone. The card that I am sharing with you is for the Shabby Tea Room Challenge Garden Party which asks for you to create a card or project inspired by the COLORS FROM THE INSPIRATION PHOTO AND INCLUDE A DIMENSIONAL FLOWER(s)!


I fell in love with the image and wished it were the gates to my own garden! I really liked the peeling paint and the shabby look to the wood. To create this I added crackle paint to the bird cage on my card.


I die cut the bird using chipboard. I applied a layer of gesso, then inked using distress inks.
The branch was also die cut using chipboard. I applied the gesso and applied ink with a sponge dauber.





Some other close ups....



Supplies:

Paper: English Garden (digital file), Stampin! Up Old Olive and Whisper White cardstock, chipboard

Stamp: Hot Off the Press Sweet Tweet

Ink: Distress Ink Old Paper, Walnut Stain and faded Jeans, Versafine Vintage Sepia, Stampin! Up Old Olive

Other: Tim Holtz Caged Bird die, Sizzix Sizzlits Branch Cherry Blossom die, Kaisercraft paper bloom dusty pink, Hooked on Craft flowers, pink ribbon, split pins, Bow Easy, Stampin! Up scalloped oval punch, glue dots, foam tape, Vivaldi leaves.

Thanks for stopping by!


post signature

3 comments:

  1. Oh Cathy, this is so gorgeous! I agree the gate in the picture has such character and is so pretty with the flowers growing over it! Your rose buds are so darling! and the card is so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH so sweet and shabby!! Perfect for our challenge!
    Thanks for playing along with us at TSTR!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...