Saturday 1 September 2012

It's The Little Things

Hi everyone! I am back with a card I have just made for The Shabby Tea Room Summer Cottage Challenge. You are asked to create a card or project inspired by the COLORS from the photo and INCLUDE DISTRESSING/SHABBY ELEMENTS plus a TITLE/SENTIMENT!

For this card, I used digital patterned papers by Adrienne Looman. I have had my eye on this collection for a little while and downloaded it and some of the embellishments. I just love the shabby chic/vintage feel from this range. I distressed and inked the patterned papers and sewed around the edge of my main paper. For the other paper layers, I inked to create the vintage look.

I printed an embellishment from the digital kit and stamped my sentiment onto it. At work at the moment we have been discussing just how busy we all are and seem to forget about the little things. We have been saying how must take time to smell the flowers!
I die cut a flourish, added flowers and die cut a butterfly. Am loving using wax paper with intricate dies, it really is like magic!

Well I hope that you too will take the time to smell the flowers!

Supplies: 

Paper: Kaisercraft ballet, Stampin' Up! old olive and very vanilla, Adrienne Looman Victoria digital paper pack and embellishments

Stamps: Our Daily Bread Design Little Things

Ink: Distress ink old paper and walnut stain

Other: Die-namics flourish, Memory Box Kaleidoscope butterfly, Prima distressing tool, liquid pearls petal pink, Hooked on Craft flowers.

Thanks for stopping by!







post signature

3 comments:

  1. Hi.. this is really beautiful Cathy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful card! Thanks for playing along with The Shabby Tearoom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Cathy, this is just gorgeous! I love the layers and the beautiful sentiment. Your flower arrangement is stunning! Thanks for sharing with us at The Tea Room this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...