Tuesday 13 August 2013

Dress Form Canvas

Hello friends! Today I am sharing a canvas that I created using papers from Kaisercraft's Curiosity Collection. I love dress forms and thought that I would use these papers to create one.

I used the Kaisercraft doily template, and sprayed some glimmer mist over it. I wanted it to be subtle and glimmer mist is just that. I applied gesso on the the chandelier and dress form. Once dry I painted it using white paint then applies some iridescent medium over it, to add some shimmer. To create the skirt, I used a template from Taras Craft Studio. Click here to go to the blog post. It was a little large, so I trimmed it along the edge. I used some organza ribbon to create the soft over skirt. It was the perfect width.






Kaisercraft Products : Curiosity Collection- Intrigue P1264, Extraordinary P1269, Unusual P1271, Wooden Flourishes Manequins FL335, Wooden Flourishes Chandelier FL323, Wooden Flourishes Mixed Design Curls SB725, Template Doily T401, Kaisercolour Mango KC036, Sea Breeze KC043, Kaisercolour WhiteKC001,  Clear Stamps Curiosity CS112, Clear Stamps Botanical CS725, Clear 
Stamps Duchess DS209, Paper Bloom Coral F662, Mini Paper Bloom Coral F667

Other: Glimmer Mist creme de chocolate, Gesso, Mod Podge,  Bubble Wrap, Ribbon, Organza Ribbon, Reeves Iridescent Medium, Versafine vintage sepia, Stretched Canvas 8" x 10"

Thanks for stopping by!




post signature

2 comments:

  1. I love dress forms too, and this one looks so elegant, beautiful misting too.. a really lovely canvas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an elegant canvas, love the dress form and how you dressed it... the stencil looks fabulous on the background. Love your vintage style Cathy...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...