Thursday 3 October 2013

Kaisercraft Hidden Treasures Collection

Cool Wheels Layout

Hello everyone. I am sharing my projects that I have completed using Kaisercraft's Hidden Treasures Collection. It's such a wonderful collection that captures things of the past and also is perfect for both masculine and feminine projects. I have selected a photo of my brother in my my LO. As a boy, he could ride any bike..... I think he could ride before he walked! I also experimented with some techniques...a bit of grunge to make it more masculine.

My first attempt was a disaster! I wanted to cry. I had been working on it after I did my school work during the week and I had lots of embellishments that took a long time to add textures to. I managed to peel them off the  page and save them all as well as the background paper. My only loss was one piece of patterned paper. Phew!!!

Lessons learnt.
  1. Use scrap paper to experiment beforehand.
  2. Time to start an art journal.
I used a lot of chipboard pieces on this LO. I placed them inside an embossing folder and ran it through my Grand Calibur. I either sprayed them with a spray or used distress crackle paint. I really liked how they look different and have some texture.



I also added some jute. I used my crochet needle and chained approx twenty stitches. I added them to to the banners, just for some more texture.

For part of my title, I stamped some letters, punched them out and inked the edges. I also added some scalloped circles to add to the circular themes that I have with the cogs etc. I used some foam tape to add dimension to them as well.

The chevrons were so easy. I have a chevron die which helps to. I used some raw chipboard and ran it through my Grand Calibur. Then I placed them onto an ink pad and pressed them down with my finders. They look splotchy which is exactly the look that I wanted.

After my initial drama, I'm glad it all worked out!

Supplies:



Kaisercraft Products: Hidden Treasures Collection – Yard Sale P1178, Fair P1180, Lost and Found P1182, Hidden Treasures Collectables CT772, Clear Stamps Script CS752, Clear Stamp Bubble Wrap CS753, Alpha #2 Chipboard CB108.


Other: Spellbinders Sprightly Sprockets, Lacey Circles, Standard Circles Large, Tim Holtz Spills and Splatters, Distress Ink Antique Linen, Walnut Stain, Peeled Paint, Bundles Sage, Stormy Sky, Distress Crackle Paint Vintage Photo, Crackle Accents, Fiskars Clear Stamps Border Patrol, Crochet Hook, Jute, Cuttlebug Textile Embossing Folder, Avery Elle Chevron Bits Die, Alphabet Stamp, Burlap, Glimmer Mist Creme de Chocolate, Prima Distressing Tool.

Friends Are Treasures

My second project is a card. Its feminine and elegant. I used a lot of dies in this card and also foam tape to add the dimension between the layers.
The sentiment is a rub on from the collection. I inked the centre oval while the cardstock was still in the die before adding the rub on. I used the same die, traced around it onto dark blue cardstock to add a thin border. This was then added as a layer to another die cut.





Supplies:




Kaisercraft Products: Hidden Treasures Paper Pad PP918, Hidden Treasures  Rub Ons RB998, Mini Paper Blooms Honey F645, Pearls Pearl SB713


Other: Spellbinders Classic Ovals Large, A2 Filligree Delight and Rose Creations, Hooked On Craft Trinket Pin, Hug Snug Tunis Blue Seam Binding, Peal Brad, Cherry Blossom Flower.

From my projects you can see how versatile this collection. I'm a fan!
 

 
Thanks for stopping by!
 



post signature


1 comment:

  1. Hi Cathy, your layout looks wonderful, and your card is so pretty.. and I love the jute along your banner too.. and I have had some disasters too, some have quickly disappeared others have had extra layers added as a cover up!hehe!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...