Friday 6 February 2015

Keep Smiling ~ Maja Design ~





Hello everyone! Today I am sharing a card that I have created using paper from the Vintage Summer Basics Collection. I love using dies when creating cards and I have had this card planned in my head for a little while (well at least since I bought this die late last year LOL!) 


To create the focal point of my card, I die cut the largest die of the Spellbinders Fleur de Elegance dies using a white piece of cardstock. While the paper was still in the die, I used Victorian Velvet distress ink and a blending tool and went around the edges and also the inside edge. This ink really compliments the 1922 paper, which is the paper I used from the collection. Next I used another Fleur de Elegance die and die cut from the 1922 paper. My next layer is white cardstock, die cut with Spellbinders elegant ovals die, then my stamped sentiment die cut with a classic ovals large die. Again I used the blending tool and the Victorian Velvet distress ink to alter the cardstock. I used dimensional foam tape to adhere these layers together to add dimension.

I also used a variety of flowers to complete the frame. I used a thin ribbon and just crossed it to add some interest and not to cover too much of the paper as I wanted it to be visible. The sentiment is a stamp from Justrite Stampers. I’ve had this stamp set for a while and I really like the positivity that it evokes.




 Vintage-Summer-Basics-L1



Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope that you’ll keep smiling!
 




post signature

10 comments:

  1. Oh this is so pretty.. love the dusty pink colors and I love using dies for cards.. your dies are really lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Afternoon Cathy what beautiful card I love the design and the colours are wonderful.
    I love this die I use it a lot as it makes pretty cards.

    Debs xx
    {Debs Cards– my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous card Cathy,such pretty colours and use of your dies and a wonderful sentiment

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a really pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cathy, this is such a gorgeous card. I love the dies you've used and the papers are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Cathy, what a beautiful, feminine card....please are you able to let me know where you purchased your dies from? Kindest regards Tamarah from Queensland

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful card!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...