Friday, 20 March 2015
Hello everyone! I have a layout to share with you that is monochromatic in design with just a hint of colour. In Australia, we have moved into the season of autumn which is the paper inspiration for my layout. I pulled out all of the brown from the Vintage Autumn Collection and played around with them until I decided which ones I wanted to use.
To create the shape of my patterned paper and contrasting cardstock, I used The Crafters Workshop Trendy Bracket stencil. I inked the edge with Prima dark bark ink and used sewing scalloped scissors to create the scalloped border around the edge of the dark brown border. I have used regular scalloped scissors in the past and have found the sewing scissors gave me greater control and accuracy in my cuts. I also inked this Scrapmatts title using the Prima ink as well.
Not only are the Maja Design papers beautiful but the negative side of the titles are beautiful as well! I trimmed one to create one of my titles. I fussy cut one of the clocks from the collection as well to create an embellishment. I added a Prima and Green Tara flower.
To frame my photo, I used Spellbinders Card Creator Heirloom Legacy die. I love the details it has.
I inked a Prima Shabby Chic Treasure using the same dark bark ink to make it look aged. As you can see, I also inked my other papers with the same ink.
Maja Design Papers used:
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Saturday, 7 March 2015
Hello everyone! Today I am sharing a card that I have created which shows my love of coffee!!! The inspiration..... The March mood board from Maja Design.
Supplies: Paper: Maja Design Coffee in the Arbour paper pad
Stamp: Prima Nature Garden, Our Daily Bread Designs Little Things
Ink: Distress Ink Vintage Photo, Memento Rich Cocoa
Flowers: Prima, Green Tara, Kaisercraft Fushia
Dies: Spellbinders Elegant Ovals, Classic Scalloped Ovals Large, Classic Ovals Large and Small, Memory Box Vintage Flourish, Cheery Lynn Horizontal Fishtail Banners
Other: Ribbon, White Lace.
Be sure to stop by the Maja Design blog for more inspiration from the other DT. Should you wish to enter you can also have the chance to win a collection of Maja Design papers of your choice!
Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the simple things!
Friday, 6 March 2015
Hello everyone! You may think this card looks familiar? I had so much positive feedback on my Keep Smiling card from last month that I thought that I would share how I created it with a tutorial. I have lots of photos to help you as well as the instructions. So let’s get started!
11. Create a card base using white card stock that measures 5” x 7”.
12. Cut a complimentary mat using cardstock 4 ¾” x 6 ¾”, white mat 4 5/8” x 6 5/8” and Maja mat 4 1/2/ x 6 ½” . I used Vintage Summer Basics 1933 paper.
13. Cut and emboss Spellbinders Fleur de Elegance die. Apply Victorian Velvet distress ink with an applicator while the paper is still in the die.
14. Cut and emboss Vintage Summer Basics 1933 using Fleur de Elegance die 2 and Spellbinders Elegant Oval die 3 using white cards stock as shown.
S5. Stamp sentiment then die cut using Spellbinders classic ovals large. Use Victorian Velvet distress ink and an applicator to ink the edges as shown. (I used JustRite Botanical Medallions and Banners stamp set).
16. Apply glue on white and Maja pages. Attach leaving an even border.
White on contrast – Maja on the top.
17. Place this section onto a metric cutting mat. Cut two pieces of 4mm ribbon that are the longer than the length of the card. Position the card so that the Maja paper lines up with zero. Place one ribbon so that the right ribbon and the left ribbon cross over as shown. Tape it to the mat. Repeat for the top of the mat.
Very carefully, peel the tape of the board and tape the ribbon to the back of the card. Repeat for the bottom.
18. Apply foam tape to the back of the card front and the white Spellbinders elegant ovals die.
19. Apply card front to cardbase. Glue Fleur de Elegance to the card front.
110. Glue sentiment to Elegant Ovals and glue Vintage Summer Basics 1933 die cut from Fleur de Elegance next.
111. Add sentiment layer.
12. Create a bow using your preferred method. Attach using a glue dot.
1 13. Embellish using 3 sized flowers. I have used Prima Le Mia and Green Tara flowers.
113. Curl the ends of paper roses to add interest. (I use a paintbrush.)
A14. Add pearls and you’re done!
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today. Have fun creating!