Sunday 12 August 2018

Mixed Media Canvas

Hello everyone! I hope that you are keeping well. With each of the collections available at Meg's Garden, a special addition are the cut and create ephemera sheets.  I had a few left over from a few collections and I decided to use them as a collage to create a mixed media canvas.


I fussy cut the images with my scissors and adhered them using Prima's soft matte gel.
I used some stamps by Tim Holtz to create my background, and some of Kaisercraft's texture stamps to add a vintage look to the canvas.
I used inks and papers that were of similar colour when I was planning my design. It was also complimented with brown to add a vintage aged look.

After completing one canvas, I had a lot of fussy cut pieces left over so I made another canvas.

I linked images that had a similar watercolour look.


I also wanted the butterfly to be a main focus for the canvas.
Again, I used Prima sprays in the background, and kept them as muted as possible to keep in the same style as the main images.
The same techniques of adhering the images was used and the same stamps were used to create the background.


Supplies:

Meg's Garden - cut and create

8" Canvas, white gesso, Prima Color Bloom tea stain, soft teal, worn leather, Color Bloom 2 fairy pond, soft matte gel, Stazon timber brown, Distress ink ground espresso and brushed corduroy, Tim Holtz Stuff to Say and Papillon, Ultimate Crafts L'aquaelle designs.

Thanks so much for stopping by!






1 comment:

  1. HI.. Thanks for your comment on my blog.. yes we have put everything on a hard drive and hoping this ol computer will just go for a bit longer as a new computer isnt in our budget!!! I love your canvases, both so pretty and fabulous textures and colors.. have a good week ahead!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...