Sunday 24 February 2019

Hot Mess Canvas Tutorial



Hello everyone! I hope that you have had  great week. Over the last few nights, I have been trialing this new project as I am planning to teach it as a co-curricular lesson with some students at school. It's been one which I have been keen to have a try and it's very easy to create. It's messy but fun- aptly named a hot mess!



I selected a free svg file of a dream catcher as my image and cut it out using Cricut removable vinyl on my Silhouette Cameo. I used a selection of Kaisercraft acrylic paints and painted my 'hot mess' of squares and rectangles over my canvas using a paintbrush. After 24 hours, I transferred my design onto my canvas using contact paper then sealed my design with a thin layer of white Kaisercraft paint, then covered the entire canvas in multiple layers of white paint until the colours had disappeared.

Leaving the canvas to dry for another 24 hours, I removed the vinyl design, to reveal the mutli-coloured dream catcher.

Below is the video tutorial demonstrating this technique.





Supplies:

Kaisercraft paint: Mauve, violet, turquoise, dusty pink and white, Kaisercraft die release tool, Kaisercraft paintbrush, Monte Marte Canvas 8" x 8" (20.4cm), Silhouette scraper tool,  Cricut removable vinyl, Dream Catcher svg 

Thanks so much for stopping by!





1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...