Tuesday 3 September 2013

Kaisercraft ~ Christmas Script ~ Wall Hanging





Hello everyone! I am back with another Christmas project. I used Kaisercraft's Christmas Script and created a wall hanging.



I started by covering the Merry Christmas with gesso. Once dry, i painted it with red paint, and on the sides in gold. It took a few coats to get a good coverage. While this was going on, I created some pennants to create the banner.

I started by creating a template. I cut it out using an old cardboard box. I needed something sturdy to offer support so that it can hang and stay in position. I then used the template to cut my patterned papers. Once the banners were covered in my selected papers, I used a hole puch then added eyelets to each of the punched holes. I used ribbon and metallic cord to join them together.

To enable my decorated script to be able to hang was simple. I had some red grossgrain ribbon. I cut two pieces and used a staple gun to attach it to the back. I then sewed a curtain ring to the ends. To hide the curtain ring, I used a red flower which actually is a hair decoration. It clipped over the curtain ring.

The completed project is a little bit heavy, so it needs s strong hook to allow it to hang without damaging your walls! I hope you like it and will give it a go!

Supplies:

Kaisercraft Products: Merry Christmas Script SB2081, St Nicholas Kris Kringle P1285, Mr Claus P1289, Paper Bloom Rire Red F664, Mini Paper Bloom Fire Red F669, Pearl Strip Champagne PL506, Kaiser Colour Red KC009, Kaiser Colour Gold KC050, Paint Brush Set T301

Other: Punches, Ribbon, Scallop Scissors, Punches, Cardstock, Hair Clip, Curtain Ring.

Thanks for stopping by!
post signature 








1 comment:

  1. This looks really lovely, certainly would be fabulous at Christmas time!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...