Sunday, 19 February 2017


Hello everyone! I hope that you are well. Today I am sharing a layout that I have made of my cousin's sons...and yes it is pink because I'm playing along at the challenge over at Prima this month. They have a mood board for inspiration and I think that you can push the boundaries a bit with colour.

I have quite a number of Prima art mediums in my stash now so it was great to have a play. I used chalk inks to alter the chippie title and circular frame, and I used the wax crayons with a water brush to colour the chippie on the right. Having two coats of white gesso is vital so that the mediums have something to grab onto.

I used some color bloom sprays, stamps and stencils to create my background. Once everything was done I added some glass beads here and there.


Paper: Tales of You and Me 6" collection kit, Vintage Emporium Verona 847616

Ink: Color Bloom 2 Wild Berry 588779, Vintage Pink and Blossom Tress chalk ink, Water Soluble Oil Pastel, Worn Leather Color Bloom

Flowers: Tales of You and Me 586317 and 577407

Dies: Crochet doily and forest leaves

Other: Say it in Crystals 586126, Glass beads plum 961718, Stencil grungy grid 961718, Stamp Read it to me 960841

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Wednesday, 15 February 2017

Parisian Gardens Card and Envelope Card Box

Hello friends of Meg's Garden. I am thrilled to have returned to the Meg's Garden Design Team. It's great to back creating with such beautiful papers and products. Today I have two projects to share which use papers from the Parisian Gardens Collection.

For my card, I have used two sheets of the patterned papers and used one of the vintage images from the ephemera sheets as my focal image. I used lots of foam tape between my layers to add dimension.

The 'love' sentiment also came from the ephemera sheets. I fussy cut some tags from the ephemera sheets to frame the focal image. The edges of my base papers were distressed and all of the papers were inked with vintage photo distress ink. I used a variety of paper flowers to frame my image, varying the size to add interest and depth. The butterflies, doilies and chip board elements came from my stash.

I used up some of my left over paper to embellish this card envelope box so that it would coordinate with my card. Again, I used pieces from the ephemera to frame and create layers. This box accommodates my embellished 6 inch card perfectly.

The sentiment was a stamp and die set from my stash by JustRite. The doily is from Prima. The paper flowers are all available from Meg's Garden.

Below I have video tutorial showing how to make one of these envelope card boxes.

Parisian Gardens Collection
Paper Flowers 

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Sunday, 12 February 2017

Christening Card

Hello everyone! As I write this blog post I am enjoying a cool breeze for the first time in a long while. The heat way that has taken over Sydney has been unbearable! 40 plus degree days in succession is too much to bear. It is so nice to have a window open and just let the house cool down naturally.

Todays card follows the current sketch from Mojo Monday.

I have a Christening to attend in a few weeks and felt inspired by this sketch to create my card. It took a few attempts because yesterday the temperature was 43 degrees and my focus was well...not happening!


Paper: Maja Design Vintage Baby

Stamp: Stampin Up! All God's Grace

Ink: Hero Hues Black, Distress Ink Walnut Stain

Other: Scrapinec chipboard, Wild Orchid Crafts Magnolia flower, Martha Stewart rose leaf punch, lace, hemp

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Wednesday, 8 February 2017


Hello everyone! Today I am sharing a trial run of an art lesson that I plan to teach later on this week with my class. I bought a Ken Oliver mandala stamp and used basic watercolour paints to watercolour it. I am thrilled with how it turned out.

I used versamark ink to stamp the mandala image onto watercolour paper and then I heat embossed Hero Arts black embossing powder. I used a watercolouring technique that Jennifer McGuire shared a while ago where you use water and then apply the watercolour to the water and let it mix together. Initially I used white, but it was too hard to see the image so I restamped the image and decided that black was better for the students.

As I had a white mandala spare, I decided that I could still use it so I decided that I would use my distress inks and ink the background. I love the way this one turned out as well. Both mandalas will be going to the classroom!

I used three distress inks....tumbled glass, cracked pistachio and lucky clover. To go around the edges I used vintage photo. Thrilled at how versatile this stamp is.

Hope you all have a wonderful week. I have a lot of stamping and heat embossing to do!

Thanks for stopping by!

Saturday, 4 February 2017

Creative Chemistry 101 Day 5 Tags

Hello everyone! School is back...the heat is on (literally....
the weather has been 35 degrees and above) and life is very busy again. I have two tags to share today from the Creative Chemistry 101 class, the technique is using using distress stains. I have a few in my stash and had an opportunity to use them and enjoy using them. The above tag is stamping with stains and below...

marbled stains.

That is all for today. Tomorrow we are expecting another scorcher...I think 40 degrees or even higher. I am so thankful for air-conditioning!

Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...