Wednesday 12 October 2016

Rustic Cabin - Tim Holtz Village Dwelling

Hello everyone! Today I have a new project to share with you. I have been madly pinning all of the wonderful Village Dwelling creations on Pinterest as I am a huge fan! Before the holidays, I placed an order for the dies so that I would have time during the school holidays to make some of these wonderful structures. I have named this one Rustic Cabin due to the weathered papers that I used to decorate. Kaisercraft released a collection called Base Coat and it was perfect as way of decorating. It took me a while to get the hang of manipulating everything but be warned...lots of sticky inky fingers result from making these so have baby wipes handy LOL!

To create the roof, I had some silver corrugated cardstock in my stash which was perfect for the roof.

While the front and back panels are flat, I cut rectangular pieces of vellum to place behind the windows so that when you place a battery operated tealight candle inside, you are able to attain that warm flickering glow!

Supplies:

Die: Tim Holtz Village Dwelling Die

Paper: Kaisercraft Base Coat Paper Pad and Game On Collection P1494 :MVP (Base)
           Bella! Silver Grey Corrugated Vintage Cardstock, Clear Vellum

Ink: Distress Ink Black Soot and Ground Espresso

Glue: Helmar Tacky Craft Glue, Scotch Quick Dry, Xron 2.5" create a sticker

Other: Tim Holtz Mini Fasteners

Thanks for stopping by!








5 comments:

  1. Oh wow this is so quaint and oh so cute.. really charming little cottage.. love the roof and the papers are perfect for the walls too.. wonderful creating!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's very sweet Cathy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...