Friday 16 February 2018

Beach Bliss

Hello everyone! I hope that you are well. Today I am sharing a layout that I have created using papers and embellishments from the Beach Shack Collection. There are so many components to this collection and it makes creating layouts and projects so much fun!

I limited my colour pallet for my embellishments to three tomes which helped me to achieve a cohesive look. I drew my inspiration from my photo and my background paper.

I used the rope corner decorative die and die cut it using a scrap piece of chipboard. I altered it by first coating it with a layer of gesso. Once dry, I used ink daubers and the Kaisercraft ink pads to create my embellishment. I used saffron, vintage and bark.

To create my textured background, I first applied a coat of clear gesso to my background paper. Once dry I then applied some distress spray to areas around my elements. I also used some water and a paint paintbrush to spread the colour around. I stamped my texture stamps in random spots on this blue section and then I used the ripple stencil.

Below my photo I have some more decorative embellishments. I altered some of the wooden flourishes that we released with this collection. I applied a coat of gesso to each and then used a sponge dauber and the Kaisercraft ink pads to apply colout to each element. I also inked the edges of each with the bark ink pad to add extra definition. I sprayed a piece of cheese cloth with a distress spray and added this to my cluster to add some texture.



Kaisercraft Products: Beach Shack Collection: P2475 Pier| P2472 Foam| P2473 Thatched|CT930 Collectables| Wooden Flourish Pack – FL618 - Beach| 6 x 6 Designer Template – IT460 - Ripples| Texture Stamps CS876 – Crackle and CS752 Script| Cardstock – CD114 Forest| Decorative Die – DD471 – Rope Corner|F628 Honey | F645 Honey| Ink Pads – IP724 Bark, IP721 Gum Leaf, IP733 Green, IP723 Vintage and IP728 Saffron| T321 Craft Glue| T302 Mounting Foam

Other: Distress Spray | Distress Ink | Clear Gesso | Gesso | Modelling Paste| Hemp| Burlap| Archival Black Ink | Cheese Cloth

Thanks so much for stopping by!







2 comments:

  1. That is a wonderful beachy layout and love all the embellishments you have used and great stencilling on the back ground too..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful...loving that paper and the embellishments you used.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...