Monday 24 September 2012

Fairytale of Spring card

I just love school holidays! I have time to enjoy so many things which include anything crafty! Today I am sharing a card that follows a sketch from The Sweet Stop.

For this card I used some of my Pion Design papers. They are so gorgeous and are one of my favourite papers. I used a square punch to create the tails of each of the fishtail banners. You simply mark where you want the tip to be (middle of the width of paper strip), line that mark with a corner of the punch. Then check that both of the sides of the punch line up with the paper strip edges (it should look like a right angle) the punch. I used this technique for all of the banners and it is very easy!

I wanted a vintage feel to this card. I found a gorgeous image from the internet of a child with flowers. I added some flowers and a bow to finish of my card.

Supplies:

Paper: Pion Designs Fairytale of Spring, Stampin' Up! cardstock

Stamp: Waltzingmouse Stamps Fancy Phrases

Ink: Distress ink Old Paper, Stampin' Up! Soft Suede

Other: Spellbinders nestabilities ovals small amd floral ovals, Hooked on Craft flowers, Stampin' Up! very vanilla seam binding, Becca's Bow Maker and Sullivans 1 1/2" square punch.

Thanks for stopping  by!






post signature

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Cathy. This is gorgeous! Love the pretty colors, the sweet image, the elegant oval frame, the elegant papers... the flowers are just perfect. Thank you for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop this week. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Cathy! this is soo Pretty Pretty and So Adorable all at the same time! Love the Wonderful vintage image and the Lovely dp's you chose too! so glad you could join us at The Sweet Stop! 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh cathy, this card is so delightful.. very sweet.. so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...