Sunday 9 June 2013

Kindy


Hello everyone! I hope that you are enjoying your weekend. It's a long weekend here in Australia...three days!! I decided to use this time to create another page for my brother's scrapbook. I selected his kindy photo to use this time. Looking at the colours of the photo I decided to use some of my Maja Designs papers. I just love the vintage feel they have and the versatility of the ranges.

After I had used a punch to punch the edges of my background paper, I used a mask and some gesso to add some subtle texture. I repositioned it and used only small sections on both corners.

I used some Dusty Attic chippies. I applied a layer of gesso and inked the edges. Once dry, I applied some crackle medium to create an aged effect.

I had used some banners on my layout. When I die cut them they were only 6", but I joined them together behind the circular element...you cant see the joins. I also used one as a place to add my title. I decided to add a thin border around each, to help them stand out.

Supplies:

Paper : Maja Designs Vintage Summer Basics, Kaisercard chocolate, Su! crumb cake

Ink: Distress ink walnut stain

Other: Martha Stewart swirling lace punch, Sizzix fancy rectangle frame, Die-namics fishtail flags, Manor House Creations leaves small, Dusty Attic flourish #7 and dusty in bloom, The Crafters Workshop circle template, Prima stencil, Jo Sonjas crackle medium, gesso, Websters Pages alpha.

Thanks for stopping by!




post signature

2 comments:

  1. Great page! Love all the details and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks lovely Cathy, and your cards from the posts before this are wonderful too! Enjoy your weekend!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...