Saturday 10 September 2016

With Sympathy

Hello everyone. It is with a heavy that I share my latest project with you. In all of my years of card making, I have not been able to bring myself to make a sympathy card. This is my first. Sadly, I had to say goodbye to another family member...to my cousin who fought right to the end against cancer. He leaves behind a six year old son, a partner and a heartbroken family. We all know that his pain is gone but now life without him must start.

I decided to create a card on behalf of my family for my aunty and uncle and then I made a box for the card. My sister selected the colour of the papers and of course I chose the rest. Here are some close ups.










Supplies:

Paper: Maja Design Vintage Spring Basics

Stamps: JustRite With Sympathy and Sympathy Vintage Labels

Ink: Versafine Black Onyx and Distress Ink Vintage Photo

Dies: Spellbinders Curved Borders Two and Fancy Framed Tags One, Joy Crafts 6002/0381, Memory Box Botanical Stem

Flowers: Wild Orchid  Crafts

Other: White Lace, hemp, twine, Kaisercraft pearls, cross charm

Thanks for stopping by





6 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous card and box, beautiful design x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful creations! Love the flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry for your loss Cathy,you have created a beautiful card and box,I can never bring myself to making a sympathy card,hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  4. My sympathy to you on your sad loss, I think it would be so very difficult to create a card while your heart is breaking, but you have created such a beautiful card and box, blue is such a peaceful color.. A lovely gift to show your caring thoughts..

    ReplyDelete
  5. My deepest sympathy to your loss and your card is beautiful <3
    incompetentmama.blogspot.au

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful designs ..just loved them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...