Monday 17 October 2016

Happy Birthday ~ Steampunk Style~

Hello everyone. I have a birthday card to share with you today. My dear friend is celebrating his birthday this week and I wanted to make him a card. This was attempt number two. The first one ended up on the bin!

I used ground espresso, peacock feathers and blueprint sketch distress inks and a stamp from  Ultimate Grunge stamp set to create my background.  I die cut the weathered clock die and used Lindy's Stamp Gang midnight bronze embossing powder to alter it.

I also die cut some other cogs by Spellbinders and altered them using rusty hinge and ground espresso distress inks. Using my finger, I dabbed some antiqued bronze and tarnished brass distress paints in random places.
The images and sentiment were inked with vintage photo to get the aged look. The three steampunk men were adhered using foam tape for extra dimension.

Supplies:

Stamps: Tim Holtz Framelits with Stamps Possibilities, Simple Sayings and Ultimate Grunge

Dies: Donna Salazar/Spellbinders Sprightly Sprockets, Die-namics mini film strip, Tim Holtz Weathered Clock

Ink: Distress Inks: Ground espresso, peacock feathers, blueprint sketch, black soot, rusty hinge, vintage photo, Ranger archival jet black, versafine onyx black, distress paint antiqued bronze and tarnished brass

Other: Brass brads, Lindy's Stamp Gang midnight bronze embossing powder

Thanks for stopping  by!






2 comments:

  1. I find making male cards harder that female cards... this one looks very dapper, love the grunged cogs and great textures.. I am sure your friend will love this...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! I always struggle with masculine cards, so I love to see them

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...