Friday 29 June 2012

A Vintage Birthday

Hi everyone. The sun is out and it looks like it will be a great day today. The card I am sharing with you follows the sketch from Waltzingmouse Stamps.


I wanted to have a change again from my typical card designs and go for a more vintage feel. I also wanted it be masculine in appearance, a potential card for any male.

The bottom section of the card I really struggled with. I decided to use fish tail type banners to achieve this portion of the sketch.
I used a die cut from my paper pad to stamp a background. then distressed and inked some complimentary paper, also from the paper pad.

Supplies:

Stamps: Waltzingmouse Stamps Fancy Phrases and Vintage Labels 18

Ink: Distress Ink Old Paper and Walnut Stain

Paper: Kaisercraft vanilla and Devonshire Collection 6" paper pad

Other: Spellbinders Nestabilities Romantic Rectangles, Spellbinders Shapeabilities Fancy Tags, Prima Flower, Kaisercraft mini paper bloom and pearls, string, Bow easy, Prima distressing tool.

Thanks for stopping by!

post signature

6 comments:

  1. Okay...don't quote me but, the bottom portion of that sketch was a bit of a bug, LOL!!! Love those fishtail banners with distressing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi.. this looks beautiful, and yet masculine.. I love fishtail banners too, can use them anywhere!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You nailed this one!!! The colors are beautiful! And the layers are absolutely perfect! You make this sketch look so easy. Thanks for playing with the WMS sketch this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the banner strips for the bottom part of the sketch looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty papers and flowers on this Cathy! love the layered banners! Thanks for playing with the WMS sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful papers and flowers...
    love how you used the layered banners...
    a gorgeous take on the sketch! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...