Saturday 25 August 2012

Enjoy Your Day

Hello everyone. I can really feel that spring is coming! It's starting to warm up and I noticed some new buds in my garden today. I really am tired of the cold weather, so this is a welcomed change. My card follows the shabby pattern inspiration challenge from The Shabby Tea Room.
You are asked to create a card or project inspired by the COLORS IN THE PHOTO and INCLUDE FLOWERS and DAMASK!

One great thing about this challenge was that I had a chance to go through my stash of papers. I always get a sense of relief to use something that has been stored for a very long time. The background paper was purchased approx 7yrs ago! Pays off to keep some things. I started building up a floral focus. I used some foliage and three sized roses. Here are some close ups..

And finally my sentiment...

Supplies:

Paper: Kaisercraft vanilla cardstock, Grant Archival scrappy chic, Glitz Design beautiful dreamer, Stampin' Up cardstock

Stamp: JustRite Stampers Heart to Heart set

Ink: Distress ink walnut stain

Other: Spellbinders shapeabilities foliage, Spellbinders nestabilities classic ovals large and floral ovals, Hooked on Craft flowers.

Thanks for stopping  by!








post signature

6 comments:

  1. Cathy, this is pure lovliness!!! Beautiful papers and flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful card! Love the flowers and gorgeous decorative border!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spring? What a kick! It's been over 100 for 3 straight weeks where I live (USA.
    Had to tell you, your beautiful white border frames the flowers perfectly! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi.. This is soo pretty Cathy... and yes I feel spring is just around the corner!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL...we're still in the mid-90 degree F temps here in Northern California...I'd be glad to send you some heat! :) I *love* that shabby background paper...it's absolutely perfect with the floral oval frame die...all works together so well on this beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your cards... amazing work...thank you so much for your lovely comment...
    lizzi

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...