Sunday 3 May 2015

Cherish ~ Meg's Garden ~

Hello everyone! Today I have a layout to share with you. I am always inspired by the talented mixed media artists and am amazed at the wonderful textures they create with their creations. I have dabbled in mixed media and as they say, "Practise makes perfect!" I wanted to challenge myself and incorporate some mixed media and colour into my layout as well as compliment the papers from The Forgotten Meadows Collection.


I started by applying a liberal coat of clear gesso onto my background paper which is called Afternoon Letters. As this was drying, I cut up some of the ephemera from the cut and create sheet, distressed the edges and inked them with Vintage Photo distress ink. I applied modelling paste and used Tim Holtz Harlequin stencil and a butterfly from TCW Specimens in spots. Once dry I applied Antique Linen Distress Spray and Lindy's Stamp Gang Open Arms Amethyst sprays over them.

To compliment the purples, I painted a white flowers using the LSG spray...love the shimmer!  I have also used three organza ribbons in my bow...more shimmer!

All of these embellishments are from the Cut and Create papers. I have used glue and foam tape to add dimension to them.

For my title, I used a LSG Midnight Bronze embossing powder to alter my chipboard title.

Meg's Garden Supplies:

Thanks so much for stopping by!

post signature






3 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Cathy! You did a great job with the mixed media on your background! Love the purple colours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous LO Cathy,love your background,layers and fussy cutting

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous details , love your page :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...