Friday 16 October 2015

Wishes For Christmas ~ Maja Design~


Hello everyone! I can't believe how quickly the time is passing. Today I am sharing my first Christmas card of the year and I know that it is just around the corner. Being a card maker, I never seem to have enough handmade Christmas cards for my family and friends made within a reasonable time frame, so this year I am determined to have enough made!

I love the trimmings and decorations of the Christmas season and one thing I especially love are vintage Christmas cards. I absolutely love all of the vintage images that are in the die cut sheet of the Vintage Frost Basics. I layered this image with Spellbinders Timeless rectangles, then layered it on top of 10th December and tucked in Tim Holtz on the edge Distressed doily die. Everything was distressed with Vintage Photo distress ink.
To create some vintage touches, I used lace and seam binding. I used a variety of flowers from Green Tara that had muted tones, that compliment the papers.

The Vintage Frost Basics Collection has so many beautiful papers and die cuts to work with. I especially love the blue tones (there is pink in this collection as well!) I look forward in creating many more cards for my family using these papers.

Maja Design Papers used:

VintageFrost-Basics-L

 Base: 2nd December, Layer 10th December, Christmas Diecuts

Dies: Tim Holtz on the edge Distressed Doily, Magnolia Rose Leaf, Spellbinders 2013 Snowflake Pendant and Timeless Rectangles

Ink: Distress Ink Vintage Photo

Flowers: Green Tara Azaleas Blue and Roses

Other: Kaisercraft Pearls Snow, Hug Snug Seam Binding Tile Blue, Lace,

Thanks for stopping  by!



post signature

5 comments:

  1. beautiful card Cathy, its amazing how a bit of distress ink transforms things and takes them to a whole new level

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card Cathy,I love your work,yes Christmas is just as around the corner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is so pretty! Love the soft blue and the image is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card...love your color and design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful and elegant!! Love the papers!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...