Sunday 29 April 2018

Do What You Love

Hello everyone! I hope that you are well. Today's post is a little bit different. These projects were completed toward the end of my school term. I was feeling stressed and needed to relax so I was colouring a little bit each night for some relaxation. I was also using this as an opportunity to practise my copic colouring as I haven't done any for ages. I had some practice images and I decided that one was good enough to use on a project. I played around with my distress oxides and before I knew it...a card had been created!





I used some of the Shabby Chic Background papers in my card and the sentiment of a Christmas stamp!

My second card is an elegant card which again uses the Shabby Chic papers. I have wanted to make one these card wrap cards for a while and decided that I would see if I had a suitable die in my stash and have a go and make one.

I had a Heartfelt Creations layered posy die which was originally designed to create a gatefold styled card and it was perfect for this card. I then die cut Memory Box Kensington Branch die along with the sentiment which is part of set from Tim Holtz Celebrate die collection. I needed to have elements that complimented the elegant swirls from the wrap portion of the die.
This middle section of the card lifts up as a top folding card so that you can write your sentiments inside.

Two very different projects completed using the same paper collection but created just for the purpose of enjoyment!

Supplies:
Meg's Garden
Paper: Shabby Chic Backgrounds
Lace
White Paper Rose
Ribbon

Thanks so much for stooping by!






1 comment:

  1. Two different but very beautiful cards... love the coloring on the image on the first card, it is perfect.. and such a pretty frilly die on the die card.. love both of them!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...