Saturday 16 March 2013

Shabby Chic Dress Form Card

Hello again! The weather is just beautiful at the moment and I certainly hope to get active in my poor garden today to do some weeding and enjoy the fine weather while it lasts. The card  am sharing with you today is a dress form card. The design follows the latest challenge from The Shabby Tea Room. 
You are asked to create a card or project inspired by the photo using PINK, RIBBON/LACE/TULLE and a FLOWER!

I have been drawn to creating cards that feature dresses and dress forms lately.....excited by this challenge!
In the past, I have used a paper template to create my dress forms, but I recently purchased the die from Tim Holtz which is what I used here. I used a brown cardstock and ran it through my Big Kick. I inked the edges to give it an aged look. I ran it through the Big Kick again, this time with some patterned paper. I trimmed the top and bottom, inked it up and attached to the brown form using foam tape. To create the skirt I cut some seam binding, a little bit wider than the waist of the dress form. I cut strips of tulle and cheese cloth approx 1cm x 8cm and attached it to the seam binding with fabric glue. Once I had enough layers, I attached to seam binding to the dress form. I attached the daisy trim and added adhesive pearls to the centres. I cut a strip of ribbon to add a bow but then experimented with it and decided to add it to the skirt as another layer.

Some flowers and a sentiment complete my card. Here are some more close ups...

Supplies:

Paper: Stampin' Up! Very vanilla, Pion Design From My Heart II

Ink: Versafine vintage sepia, walnut stain and antique linen distress ink

Stamp: Fiskars Cameo Ovations

Other: Tim Holtz Sewing Room Bigz die, Fiskars scallop punch, Kaisercraft pearls, Hooked on Craft flowers, Dusty Attic In Bloom leaves, Distrezz it All, doily, daisy trip, pink ribbon, tulle, cheese cloth.

Thanks for stopping by!






post signature

6 comments:

  1. Totally awesome card, love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so very pretty! and a dress form die sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful....so soft and pretty...looks like a winner to me :>)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing another Beautiful card with us in the Tea Room Cathy. The dress form is so pretty with all its layers of gorgeous trim.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...