Thursday 9 November 2017

With Sympathy

Hello everyone! It's Cathy here today, sharing my latest card idea on the Kaisercraft blog. I have selected papers and products from the Romantique Collection for my card and also set myself a challenge. With each release, Kaisercraft produce embossing folders and I decided that I would incorporate embossing into my card design in some way. I also plan to share my design process, with you so that it may assist you in your own cardmaking.

As I have already created a pink card with this collection, I decided that I would make a blue one this time. I start by selecting any papers from the paper pad that I would like to work with and place them in front of me and pair up possible combinations together.
This is the embossing folder folder that coordinates with the Romantique Collection. I decided that I would fussy cut it out and use the frame like a mat.


Once I have my major elements created, I play BEFORE I glue. I was having difficulty with the white elements on the card....should I change the frame to a patterned paper frame?.....the sentiment isn't working.....I changed the frames position many times but decided that it should remain horizontal. The striped die cut frame, was actually die cut from my base mat! If you are running short on paper and you know that it is going to be covered up, try this tip to save on paper.
To add dimension to my cards, I use a combination of craft glue and mounting foam to adhere my papers and elements to my cards. This helps to showcase the pretty patterned papers and also the beautiful elements that have been selected.
Inking your papers and embellishments with an ink also makes them pop! This can be applied with a sponge dauber or an ink blending tool.
Kaisercraft Products: PP1032 Romantique Paper Pad |CT894 Collectables|CD101 Coconut | Decorative Dies DD805 Perfume Bottles and DD466 Sentiments Sympathy| EF277 Embossing Folder Baroque Frame| F628 Paper Blooms Honey | F647 Mini Paper Blooms Iceberg|SB782 Pearls Denim| T321 Craft Glue| T302 Mounting Foam


I hope that my design tips were helpful to you and can assist you in your own cardmaking.

Have a great day!!!











2 comments:

  1. A lovely card Cathy,thanks for the techniques

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely card, great dies you have used..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...