Monday 2 October 2023

Poinsettia Bloom Cards

 


Hello everyone! I hope that you have been enjoying your week. I am enjoying my school holidays and am now sitting down to create some more Christmas cards before school goes back. I really loved this die set once it was released and was eager to make a card or two with it. I used some new and old dies from my stash to create my card. I experimented with cardstock, as I planned to ink blend as was shown on the Spellbinders video. I had the most success using white cardstock and using distress ink for the entire bloom.


I wanted to use a decorate edge, to break up the white, so I used an old Spellbinders border die to achieve this. I love the elegant feel this card has.


This time I wanted to use some of my patterned papers in my card and I decided that I wanted a vintage styled card. Once I decided on my papers, I inked my bloom the same way and I used a different edge die to break up the background.


I used  a script stamp and stamped it in random placed to add an aged feel to my paper. I also added vintage photo distress ink to all of my layers as well.

I am so glad I purchased this die set. It is versatile and so great to use.

Supplies:

Cardstock: Neenah White solar crest heavy weight, Peral cardstock gold, 
Paper: Kaisercraft Letters to Santa
Dies: Spellbinders Poinsettia Bloom, Spellbinders Curved Borders Two, Merry Christmas (from my stash), A2 curved borders one
Ink: Versafine vintage sepia, Distress ink vintage photo, barn door and aged mahogany, 
Other: Clear vellum, Spellbinders embossing folder holly flourish, Kaisercraft rhinestones red, Kaisercraft Sparklets Daffodil, BoBunny Midnight Frost stamp, Stampin' Up! Winter Post stamp

Thanks for stopping by!











No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...