Friday 30 December 2011

A Christmas Quilt


Hi everyone. I am going back in time to share a quilt I made. I used to watch Simply Quilts on Foxtel (so sad that it is no longer aired). This show inspired me to take up quilting. The quilt I am sharing was from two quilt designers who call their needle turn applique technique the 'piece o' cake way.'







In this book, there are a number a Christmas scenes. I selected two to create my quilt.



Here is one scene........



and another.....

I learnt a lot about applique. Needle turn applique is time consuming and looks easier than it seems (I need to practise more!)  I also applied machine applique in this quilt. I also attempted stippling to finish the quilt.

I certainly hope to complete another quilt in 2012. I have a umber of kits waiting to go! I may even have another go at completing another needle turn Christmas quilt.

Thanks for stopping by!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...