Tuesday 7 February 2012

Valentines Card


Hello everyone I was thrilled to have been a top mouse for the last sketch challenge. For this weeks sketch, I knew immediately that I wanted to make a round easel card.


Using the largest Spellbinders Nestability scalloped circles die, I die cut my easel pieces. Next I selected the largest Spellbinders Nestability circle die to die cut the main papers for my card.
Using one of the Victorian Frippery stamps, I stamped and embossed a piece of cardstock. I then used a heart punch, added a eyelet to create a pendant.


I stamped a sentiment from the Cameo to Go stamp set and created a simple tag to add to the flower.



To create the stop for the easel base, I selected the cameo from the Oval Classic Frames set. I applied foam tape to add some dimension.



Supplies:

Paper: Prima Romantique paper pad, DCWV paper pad

Stamps: Waltzingmouse Stamps Oval Classic Frames, Cameo to Go and Victorian Frippery.

Ink: Stampin’ Up pretty in pink and soft suede, Versamark

Other: Spellbinders Nestabilities lacey circles, petite scalloped circles large, standard circles large, Vivaldi blossom, Kaisercraft pearls, Stampin’ Up white embossing powder, Fiskars 1.5” tag punch, 1” circle punch, heart punch, lace, pink ribbon, eyelets, string.

Thanks for stopping by!



post signature

8 comments:

  1. what a nice card! like the roses on the paper. love from Holland.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful! Soft, delicate and romantic, and I just love the easel shape.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a beautiful vintagey easel card! love the colors, the cameo and pretty ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful idea for an easel card, Cathy! Love the sweet rosebud papers and the little pink cameo! The embellishing is fabulous with that flower on the beautiful ribbons!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so soft and pretty, I had never seen a round easel card. I love the patterned paper you used and the cameo as the stop for the easel was very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how lovely! Such romantic papers, lovely lace and ribbons and the cameo stopper for the easel is fabulous! This would fit in with our "Love and Lace" theme over at St Luke's Charity Card challenge - we'd love you to join us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sew (!) BEAUTIFUL!!! Love all your wonderful details and beautiful papers and stamping! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the easel card.... wonderful idea!! Love the rosebud papers/pink and all the embellies are perfect!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...