Wednesday 17 October 2012

Vintage Birthday

Hello everyone! I am sharing with you a birthday card that I have made for a friend of mine who will be celebrating his birthday this week. As he loves cars, I felt that a vintage/steampunk design would fit the bill. I inked all edges with ink then distressed them. I used a number of chippies for this card. I painted the clock with white acrylic paint. Once dry, inked the edges then stamped over the top of it. Once dry, I applied a layer of rock candy to add more texture.
For the gears, I placed the largest gear inside an embossing folder and ran it through my Spellbinders Grand Callibur. I applied a layer of distressed stain, and with my finger dabbed some blue paint. While wet I added the rock candy.


This is my first attempt at steampunk. I think it's great style for masculine cards and also a great way to incorporate textures into projects.

Supplies:

Paper: Kaisercraft After Five Collection 6" paper pad, kraft cardstock

Stamps: Bobunny Weekend Market and Midnight Frost, Waltzingmouse Stamps chicken wire, Stampin' Up! teeny tiny sentiments

Ink: Distress ink walnut stain, Distress stain walnut stain, StazOn jet black and Colorbox chestnut roan

Other: Cuttlebug embossing folder textile, WOW clock and gears, Dusty Attic name plate, distress crackle paint rock candy, Kaisercraft acrylic paint white and sea breeze, Distrezz It All.

Thanks for stopping by!


post signature

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful male card, love the cogs and clock together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, I'm sure your friend will love it! Maddy x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...