Wednesday 3 October 2012

Cherish


Hello everyone. I am back with another card. This card follows sketch and photo inspiration from The Shabby Tea Room this week. You are asked to create a card or project inspired by COLORS FROM THE PHOTO AND USE THE SKETCH!


I love sketches and was so delighted that one was being offered this week. I started by created my main flower. I don't have any orange flowers, so I made one. I followed a crepe paper flower tutorial from Pinterest. Click here if you'd like to have a go! I layered it with a flourish die and then with some tulle, to build it up and to add some texture.


I used a paper pad and they are great as they offer embellishments and options. I fussy cut the birdcage from a piece of patterned paper and added a seam binding bow and flower. I also used a border trim and jazzed it up by adding some pearls.


Supplies:

Paper: Kaisercraft Le Chateau 6" paper pad, Stampin' Up! designer series bright, DCWV neutral stack

Ink: Colorbox chestnut roan

Other: Memory Box Quinn flourish, Stampin' Up! linen thread and crumb cake scalloped tulle ribbon, Prima flower, Kaisercraft pearls, seam binding.

Thanks for stopping  by!


post signature

9 comments:

  1. Kathy, your card is so very lovely!!! I love all the beautiful layers and patterns in your card and that die cut in the flower embellishment is fabulously effective!! So glad you could join us at TSTR!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi..This is a gorgeous sketch, and lovely colors you have used...

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful, Kathy! Love the birdcage!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am smitten with your card this week, Miss Cathy! That orange bloom is fantastic!! Thank you, sweetie, for sharing your talents with us in the Tea Room :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know I'm a big fan of your beautiful layered flower, Cathy! It's so perfect with all the other shabby touches on this beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! Such a lovely Halloween card...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a gorgeous card! love all the elements you added to make your card. TFS and Im anxious to try the tutorial {smile}

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful layered flower Cathy...Love the touch of gold on the petal edges! Very pretty card:) Thanks for sharing it with us at TSTR!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...