Friday 21 January 2022

Classroom decor ~ Felt Boho Rainbow Wall Hanging


 Hello everyone! I hope that you are having a great week. I have another classroom decor item to share today. I am adding boho rainbow decor item to the room and I wanted to make some impact. This wall hanging will be near the front entrance of my classroom. I used the same cut file from my previous project and used it to cut felt on my Silhouette cameo 3.


I selected some thin felt and applied Heat n Seal on the back using a hot iron. Once this had cooled I transfered this onto a cutting mat. I used  Cricut fabric grip mat instead of a Silhouette cuttng mat. I also changed my blade to a deep cut blade as well.


My settings to cut the felt are blade 20  speed 3 force 33 passes 2.

This was the first time that I had cut felt using my Silhouette and it worked. I had thick felt (pink) and it didn't work on my Silhoutte, however I have my die cutting dies, so I used my die cutting machine and a Spellbinders heart die and die cut it out.

For the rest, I used heat transfer vinyl and a cricut heat press and adhered everything onto my fabric.

Can't wait to place this in my room!

Have a great day.



1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year!!! although it is almost february!!! I have been slack with my blog and visiting others... sorry... I love your little cross stitch pillows and your boho rainbows will all look lovely in your classroom.. rainbows are always so special I think... I hope things go ok for you in the new school year.. such a crazy time.. stay well and I hope this is a better year for us all...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...