Sunday, 11 March 2012
This week has been quite a challenge - heavy rain and flash flooding, lots of meetings and many late afternoons. All of these things took their toll and boy was I tired! To combat this craft has been my saving grace!
The above card is my take on the WMSC # 88
I had a stamp in mind, however due to the repetition of the squares wouldn’t work. I also had a wide ribbon which I had been wanting to use for a long time. I managed to incorporate it into this card. I also managed to use scraps of cardstock from scrapbook layouts, so nothing went to waste.
The flourish in the background paper started my design. Again the frippery stamps came out and everything came together.
I decreased the square component to two and replaced the central motif with flowers. When I placed the third square there, it covered the detail of the ribbon, which would have been a shame. A bit of bling in the form of the flourish was added to add a bit of interest.
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Stamps Victorian frippery
Ink: Versafine onyx black
Paper: Glitz Design, DCWV brights
Other: Spellbinders Nestabilities Fleur de Lis squares and classic squares small, ribbon, Zva Creative pearl flourish, Prima flowers.
Thanks for stopping by!