Friday 14 March 2014

Treasured Memory ~ Blubelle Collection ~ Kaisercraft


Hello friends! This is my second project using Kaisercraft's Blubelle Collection. The photo is of myself and my siblings many years ago. I was just seventeen in this picture! Again I wanted to have a go at using mixed media elements in my background. I will share some close ups at how I achieved this....

After working out where my mats and embellishments were going, I inked around these areas and used a mask and modelling paste to add texture. I also used script stamps to add some interest.I printed a number of butterflies and added them to my layout. I love butterflies and used approx 5 in this layout.

I painted this wooden title with gesso. Once dry, I stamped in random spots over this by pressing the ink pad directly onto the title. Applying different pressure doing this creates an interesting look.

I wanted an oversized bloom on my page. I didn't have any in my stash so I created my own using lace.

I painted this flourish using gesso and stamped over it using a script stamp. Subtle and pretty!



Kaisercraft Products: Blubelle Collection: Windsor P1456, Oxford P1454, Collectables CT787, Clear Stamps Vintage Cherish CS831, Clear Stamps Script CS752, Template Lattice T610, Paper Blooms Iceberg F630, Mini Paper Blooms Iceberg F647, Wooden Flourishes Treasured Memory FL483, Swirls SB729, Flowers Snow F601


Other: Modelling Paste, SU! Baja Breeze, Memento Tuxedo Black, Handmade Lace Flower, Spellbinders Rose Creations, Green Tara Floral Spray, Prima Stitch Stamp, Pearl Centre, Gesso, Butterflies.

I have one more project to share tomorrow and as always thanks for stopping by!
 
post signature







3 comments:

  1. Cathy, what a gorgeous page!!! Love the colors and what you did with the background!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really beautiful.. love your back ground behind your photo.. love the blue colors..

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is TRULY beautiful.. Love all the details!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...